ChicagoWomen's Imaging Center
The Westlake Women's Imaging Center in Chicago Illinois provides state-of-the-art outpatient diagnostic imaging services to women of all ages. The Center is equipped to provide computer-aided detection, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy and bone densitometry services.
Conveniently located in the Westlake Professional Office Building adjacent to the hospital, the Chicago Women's Imaging Center offers the personal touch of a trusted community hospital and the advanced technology of a comprehensive medical center.
Making an Appointment is Easy.
At Vanguard Westlake Hospital, we understand how busy you are, and we value your time as well as your health. That’s why we offer easy scheduling and a convenient suburban Chicago location in Melrose Park.
Appointments are available six days a week. Women can generally get in for appointments within 24 to 48 hours (with written order from a physician). Call 708-938-7755 - give yourself peace of mind.
The key to finding - and fighting - breast cancer is early detection. One of your best defenses in early detection of breast cancer is a mammogram, and here at Vanguard Westlake Hospital, we offer one of the most advanced imaging technologies available to screen for breast cancer: Digital Mammography Chicago.
What does Chicago digital mammography mean to you? It means:
- Improved imaging - With Chicago digital mammography, the magnification, orientation, brightness, and contrast of the image helps the radiologist clearly see certain areas.
- Less patient exposure to radiation - the radiation dose can be reduced by up to 50% with Chicago digital mammography and still detect breast cancer as well as the standard radiation dose of film mammography.
- Reduced exam time - Digital spot view mammography Chicago allows faster and more accurate stereotactic biopsy. This results in shorter examination times and significantly improved patient comfort and convenience since the time the patient must remain still is much shorter.
- A built-in “second opinion” - Chicago Digital mammography is used in conjunction with a computer aided detection system – often referred to as a second opinion – that identifies potential concerns even before the radiologist views the results.
Digital mammography is particularly beneficial for women with dense or thick breasts, women under age 50, and pre- and peri-menopausal women.
Why Chicago mammogram screenings are important:
80% of all women diagnosed with breast cancer have no history of it in their family and your risk increases with age.
Two-thirds of newly diagnosed breast cancers show no signs that the cancer has spread beyond the breast, and most women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer are candidates for treatment that saves the breast.
Research has shown that breast cancer deaths for African American women was 68% higher than non-African Americans and were shown to have more aggressive tumors. Learn more about this research by clicking here.
Other Women’s Imaging Services in Chicago
- Chicago Breast Ultrasound - Often used to assess abnormalities with reflected high-frequency sound waves that produce an image. This technique enables imaging from almost any angle and distinguishes between noncancerous cysts and other masses that may require further evaluation.
- Chicago Stereotactic Breast Biopsy - Removes tissue samples from the breast using a hollow needle. The needle is guided by a computer-controlled system using visual coordinates taken from a Chicago mammogram. The examination requires only local anesthesia. In many instances, stereotactic breast biopsies avoid the need for surgery.
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA Scan) - A non-invasive procedure that measures bone mass and the density of bones in the spinal column and hip. The test is the most accurate way to diagnose osteoporosis and determine the risk for fractures. Also called a Bone Mineral Density (BMD) test.
Accredited imaging specialists
The Chicago Women’s Imaging Center offers the personal touch of a trusted community hospital in Melrose Park and the high-tech resources of a comprehensive Chicago medical center. Westlake Radiologists, Technologists and staff are patient-focused and provide all services in compliance with the American Osteopathic Association, the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) and the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Self Exam
- Cervical Cancer
- Click Here
- Uterine Cancer
- Utrasound / Sonogram
- Women's Health
- Women's Health Guide