Accreditations and Distinctions
Dedicated to providing quality care, Westlake Hospital continues to receive praise from national organizations for meeting health care standards:
- The Chicago Center for Bariatric Surgery is accredited as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and Surgical Review Corporation (SRC).
- Vanguard Westlake Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission for using stroke care protocols that have been proven as efficient and high quality.
- Vanguard Westlake Hospital was accredited by the Health Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) for three years.
- The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Westlake Hospital received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for three years.
- The Laboratory at Vanguard Westlake Hospital was accredited by the College of American Pathologists for two years.
- Vanguard Westlake Hospital provides a comprehensive diabetes education program that is recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Vanguard Westlake Hospital's Women's Imaging Center was awarded a three-year accreditation in Mammography by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The Emergency Department is recognized by the Emergency Medical Services for Children and has achieved the status of an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP).